We have a Prescription Ordering Department (POD) which is managed by a trained team who are there to help you with your repeat medication needs.
- Call the POD service at 0121 203 2030
- Or use online access
- The POD service is open Monday to Friday 9:00 - 5:00
Repeat prescriptions are prepared within 48 hours upon request.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
B E A T S
Broadway’s Exercise and Therapy Scheme
B E A T S is a well-being scheme developped for people who would benefit from a personal support program.
B E A T S is included in our Self Care Aware program and includes many information about how to be more self care Aware and the benefits of it.
Not Registered for Online Access?
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC Online
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.